Ready to hit the road for the holidays? It’s easy to pack light when you pack the right things. The best approach is to focus on layering and bringing items in the same color family. Once you’re decided on the colors you want to take, these items make for easy dressing while you’re daytripping:
- Distressed jeans. Not only are these crazy popular, but one pair can be worn multiple times with multiple tops.
- A hoodie. Try options like this that aren’t bulky but still provide warmth and look more polished than typical sweats. The ideal travel sweatshirt will also have kangaroo pockets for carrying cash, your phone, or a snack.
- For destinations where you want to look pulled together, pack an embroidered top that can transition from daytime (with those distressed jeans) to nighttime (with leather or faux-leather pants).
- Choose tops in no-wrinkle fabrics. Not only will this striped shirt fit the bill, but it's versatile enough to go with pants, skirts, jackets, and cardigans.
- Change up an outfit and look appropriate for fall with a flannel plaid button-up. It’s the perfect weight for layering, and if you get too hot, it’ll look good tied around your waist or will fit easily in your purse.
- Don’t forget the versatile tee. This one is easy to wash and wear; rinse it in the sink at night, and it’ll be dry (and wrinkle free) by morning.
* Luggage image by @stilclassics on Unsplash.