How to accessorize the right way
Happy New Year! Hope you all had a lovely holiday season.
Today let's talk about accessorizing. An outfit isn’t complete until it’s accessorized, and jewelry can be a fun (and less expensive) way to follow trends that are here one day, gone tomorrow.
It’s easy to look current by mixing up accessories this season. Here are some popular looks today:
- Dainty jewelry is stealing the spotlight from statement necklaces. Fine metal chains with delicate pendants and charms look great with a host of tops and are neutral in color, so they look good with most any shade.
- Chokers have returned from the ’90s, and they’re available in more materials than ever before. Think velvet chokers or boho coin chokers, a simple string of small metal discs or “coins.” Leather is another good option and ups the edge factor.
- The more, the merrier. Stack up those bracelets, and it’s perfectly acceptable to combine wood beads with strands of glass beads or metal cuffs and chains. Try wearing a short necklace with a long one (or two) in a different style or material.
- Gold is still king. Silver is slowly coming back, but gold will stay strong for the next year. For more versatility, choose other warm metals like copper or rose gold.
- If you are wearing big earrings, choose a dainty necklace. The opposite is true and is a good option too.
- Customize! Jewelry that’s personalized with names or charms that carry special meaning are all the rage and add a little happiness to your day.
P.S. Don't forget scarves! They look good all winter long and into spring, plus they add a layer of warmth.